Friday, June 25, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today, June 25, is my 26th Birthday. I'm awake at 3 a.m. because bright and early in the morning I am having my wisdom teeth removed. All 4. Yaaayyy...*insert sarcasm* I should have done it years ago, of course. Since there never seems to be a convenient time(have I mentioned that I like to stay busy??), now is as good as any!
It is amazing how things change when you are a mother. I spent my night, after Caroline went to sleep-ha!, doing dishes, laundry, creating a grocery list that my darling mother is taking care of tomorrow while I sleep it off, activity lists to keep Caroline well occupied while I am indisposed, etc.
I have to admit that I am totally unafraid of the pain. I'm a trooper and I will totally be taking the lovely meds that I'm sent home with... at least for the first few days. I'm more concerned about not being able to take care of my chickens and being forced to depend on others to handle my responsibilities. See, I am a major league mommy... I got called up about 19 months ago and haven't looked back since;-) I am so glad to have my Mom here for the next few days to help pick up the slack!
Now, I'm going to TRY to sleep... And since I'm not celebrating my Birthday this year, feel free to celebrate for me;-) Happy June 25th!!!

No comments: