Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Regression: Brought to you by Daddy!

Let me preface this by saying that when/if you have a child of your own, when they do cute/funny things it is SO incredibly hard to say "No"! SOME Rules were meant to be broken! If you can't do that for the sake of fun, life would be seriously boring! SO.... Caroline spent this past weekend with Nana and Pops on the Farm. She pretty much gets whatever she wants when she goes to visit since Nana has adopted a "what happens at Nana's, stays at Nana's" stance on Caroline's visits. She asks for it, she gets it(within reason, I imagine) I encourage this since I got similar treatment at my Grandparents house and to this day they are two of my very favorite people on this Earth!
When our girl came home on Sunday night she got to go swimming with her Grandmother, Granddaddy, and Daddy while I cooked our dinner. After we swim we often just strip her down and throw on a diaper if we cannot immediately get her in the bathtub. Which is what happened on Sunday. After dinner Caroline and Chris were raiding our pantry for extra goodies and low and behold she found something she hadn't seen in months... Extra bottles, liners, and lids for her playtex bottles. She picked up the liners, took one out of the sleeve, picked up the bottle, stuck the liner in the bottle, and picked up a nipple/screw top and handed it to her Father and said "Bahh!" Which in our house is code for a bottle with milk in it! The little stinker hasn't had a bottle in 4 months, but we(Chris) were so impressed by the fact that she still remembered how Mommy always made it that we had to indulge her. I rolled my eyes at Chris at the time, but afterwards I was proud that he decided to treat her... and he took it one step up- Chocolate Milk in her Bottle!!! She loved it, of course! So, all of this said to show you this... my half naked child, so extremely proud of herself(and her bottle of chocolate milk!)...

No comments: