Monday, June 7, 2010

Singing in the rain...

We had a really nice weekend at home this past weekend! I got out to get my nails done and go get groceries(Mommy's Day Out- woot!) and Chris stayed home and played with Caroline. It came a downpour while Chris and Caroline were swimming so Chris just brought her upstairs on the deck and let her play in the rain. She loved it! Fun times with Daddy! Then I came home and created a craft area for Caroline. I bought one of those 3 drawer plastic storage bins from Walm.art and filled it up with our finger paints, paper, stickers, sidewalk chalk, etc. I put it in our Laundry room so it won't be easily accessible to my curious child. So since we had some new foam flower stickers to play with, we made Chris a sign from Caroline. I know the picture is fuzzy(as every indoor picture with my camera is) but, it says "Caroline Loves Daddy" and we picked the colors of the flowers together. Unfortunately, my jumbo sharpie died! Chris loved it and wants to put it up at his office. I think I'll need to do some work on it before I can allow that;-) I take my 19 month old's craft projects a bit too seriously.

On Sunday, we swam again. I got some organizing done and planned out our week of activities. Then Chris' parents came over for dinner last night for a quick dinner and visit. We just grilled out! It was fun and relaxing and we hope they come back over soon! Have I mentioned that they live in our neighborhood now?? Yep, they sure do! It works out great for quick get togethers and "quick, help!" situations! haha!
After bath time every night we all curl up in bed and watch a movie. Chris has a "midnight snack" habit and this is how Caroline sits when he comes in the room with his treat of choice...

It's an IPhone pic. Last night they had cinnamon toast crunch...;-) Yumm...

I hope you had a wonderful, restful weekend just like ours!

No comments: