Thursday, October 2, 2008

"Surprise" Shower!

This past Saturday my sweet best friends, Katrina and Megan, along with my husband conspired against me to give me a "surprise shower". I had been adamant that I did not think a shower was necessary since my family and friends are so spread out and deciding on a location was going to be difficult for me. As you know I was so sick for so long and I just could not imagine celebrating in those early days when we were discussing shower options.
Well secretly they decided that they would not take my repeated "no thank yous" for an answer and planned one behind my back! haha! Now I am so glad that they did and appreciate all of the hard work that went into the shower and the attendance of those who are looking forward to my baby girl's birth! We were gifted so many wonderful, useful baby things... Caroline is such a lucky little girl!!!
I did, however, find out about the shower before the actual shower date! I had a feeling that something was going on because people very close to me had made random, strange comments and given each other looks that seemed out of the ordinary. I am very observant! Lets just say that I was suspicious that something was going on!!;-) Then a week before the shower a family member called my phone and left me a voicemail saying she was very sorry that she had missed my shower on Saturday and that she wanted to get together sometime soon to give me her gift. She continued to say that she had misplaced her invitation and was looking forward to meeting our Baby. Bless her heart!!! I couldn't help but laugh out loud because I knew that as soon she realized that she just ruined the surprise she would be so upset! This is one of the sweetest people I know and I knew she would just die when she found out. My husband and I were sitting on the couch together when I checked her voicemail and of course he had to know what was so funny! So I told him and told him not to get upset! He was so disappointed that he immediately started telling me all of the details as to when, where, who etc...
So maybe it wasn't the surprise that my friends and family had originally hoped for but honestly, this was probably the best for me and after I told my friends that I knew what they had up their sleeve they all admitted they were probably going to tell me the night before anyway! I have never been a big fan of surprises(Hello, my name is Christina and I'm a planner!=)) and at least I didn't show up at the shower in my sweatpants and no makeup, which I am not ashamed to say is my current pregnancy uniform!

Thank you for coming everyone! We appreciate everything!!! Here are some pictures from the shower... ENJOY!!!


Her Cake said "Sweet as Sugar, Cute as Pie, Thank Heaven for Little Caroline"

Posing with one of Caroline's Gifts

Chris came down to the Clubhouse at the end of the Shower to transport gifts and say hello... apparently shoes were optional! ;-)


With "Aunt Katrina" and "Aunt Megan"


We let Balloons go for Miss Caroline! I love this picture!


1 comment:

The 6 W's said...

That is definitely the cutest picture! However, there is NO WAY you are 36 weeks!! You are WAY too little! I'm jealous! ; )