Wednesday, October 22, 2008

38 weeks Dr. Appointment

Our Dr's Appointment didn't go so great today. Caroline is fine, but she's becoming quite the chunk... I'm just not showing it. I have gained a Grand Total of 5 pounds in this pregnancy and today when the Dr sent us to have another ultrasound, since I am still "measuring small", Caroline came in at a big for 38 weeks, 7lb 3oz.. She's gained 1lb 4oz in the past 2 weeks and she should have gained at max a half pound a week. I didn't gain a thing this week and lost a pound last week. So I'm losing weight and she's gaining it. She has a small frame with fat rolls already(I am not kidding! I have pictures to prove it!!!) and a bigger than normal head. Those 4 extra ounces apparently went straight to her noggin;-) I should be happy that she's growing leaps and bounds, but I'm really not- somehow she has to exit my body! She did have lots of hair, which was probably the best news we got all day!

So the disappointing thing is that while several of the other things that happen as you start to get ready to have a baby have happened, I am yet to dilate at all. Shocking, seeing as how I'm really getting tired of these dumb, pointless contractions and the kid just keeps getting bigger and bigger- which is of course much better than her not growing at all. Caroline's head is down, pushing out in my right hipbone area. Yesterday was 38 weeks and my Dr had previously told me that if I was dilated to 2 by the time my 39th week came around, I could have her then. Of course, this isn't happening now and I'm not happy about it! If I don't dilate at all and she continues to "float" then I could go up to a week past my due date before they take her... and yes, I am the girl that went into labor at 33 weeks!!! HA! My, my how things can change! This concerns me because our little girl is having no problem putting on the pounds and waiting another 2-3 weeks isn't working in my favor since she can gain another pound and a half or more in the mean time, especially since she's got a bigger head... ouch! I guess you could say I am becoming a bit concerned about logistics and how this is all going to work... we normally have small babies in my family, but Caroline's Dad obviously had something to do with this;-)

I think my patience may be starting to wear a bit thin, but I don't think that's too abnormal. The counter above reads 13 days to go... Come on Caroline!!! "Wait, wait, wait"... that's the name of the game. I know I haven't been my normally perky self today, but I'm just not feeling like it. Maybe tomorrow will be better!=)

So, to focus on a few happy things that are going on in our life... Guess what??? We are going to be parents soon!! yay!;-) I really do feel very lucky! Also, work is going GREAT for Chris, in spite of this crazy market we're living in! Honestly, the longer Caroline waits to grace us with her presence the better for Chris and TJC since he's so busy right now... so that's a good thing!

I know I didn't put up nursery pictures as I planned, but that is because it's not finished... pictures and drapes still have not been hung and mother didn't have a chance to get down last weekend to help me. At 38 weeks, I'm not hanging them by myself and my husband just will not do it! Maybe I will have better luck this weekend!

Once again, I'll update if anything changes, but don't hold your breath;-) haha! More later...

1 comment:

Megan said...

Wow! I can't believe Caroline is pulling these tricks so close to the end... you and Chris better get ready, it sounds like Miss Caroline is going to be a sneaky one!