Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My Dinner Date!!!

I have a confession to make! Tonight I went on a date.... and it wasn't with my husband!!! Now, before you get too upset with me, you should know that my date has been a very important person in my life since I was born and even gave me away when I got married. That's right, my date was my sweet Granddaddy!!!
My Grandparents have been in town for a few days because one of our loved ones had surgery downtown at UAB. My Grandmother is spending the night at the hospital, so we decided to go to dinner at Logan's together tonight. We joked that we rarely get the opportunity to do anything together just the two of us and I am so glad that we were able to! We decided to make a special night of it, so this was our "date night", just Granddaddy and Granddaughter.=)
My Grandfather has always played such an important role in my life and no matter how old I get I will always be his little girl. I could go into details, but I could never do his sacrifice justice. Lets just say that his love, patience and guidance has shaped my life in a way that I could never say enough thank yous for.
At dinner we had a wonderful time just chatting about what is going on with our family and our lives. We don't get to see each other nearly enough, but we have always had a special relationship that I am so grateful for! If there were only more Men in the world like my Granddaddy the world would be a much happier place... my Grandmother would be the first to tell you this!;-)

I love you Granddaddy! Thanks again for our "date night"!=)

No comments: