Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Shred

In May I decided to get on a fitness kick to be the best version of myself. I could feel myself getting older(who wants to do that??) and out of shape and that just wasn't going to fly for me! At the time, "The Sh.red" was the go-to workout and since it only takes about 20 minutes I could totally fit that in. Since uninterrupted time available to devote to things like "my health" are at a minimum these days, the time requirement was a major factor.

Ya know what?? I loved it!!! I'm not going to lie... I was/am so out of shape that I struggled the first few days, even weeks, BUT it does get easier and I love progress. I am NOT a Jilli.an Michaels fan personally, AT ALL. Not that she cares what little miss in Alabama thinks;-) She does annoy the be gees out of me, but the girl gets results so I am still on board. You can't expect to only spend 20ish minutes working out and expect it to be a walk in the park... so if you join in, don't expect it to be easy. It is addicting, though!

I did it for about a month in May and then I got busy with travel and a wild child;-) and seriously relaxed my effort for improved health and fitness. I'm an all or nothing kind of gal so starting today, I'm full out again! I'll let you know how it goes... I think. But don't expect any lb updates... I'm not necessarily trying to lose lbs, but I do like watching my BMI drop on my completely awesome scales. This is more about my energy level and keeping everything in check than pounds. Not that I couldn't stand to shred a few;-)

No comments: