Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Did you see that game??? A Weekend in Review...

The highlight of our weekend was without a doubt the smack down that Alabama gave Clemson! =) ROLL TIDE!! I had hoped that we would play well, but I really was proud of how the guys looked. You could tell they had put the work in and that Nick Saban is indeed doing his job... I don't want to hear anymore complaints about what the man gets paid. This is Alabama and that game alone was worth his salary this year!!! So exciting, such domination... it was great=) I'm sure the Georgia Dome was somewhat intimidating but I saw some great things out our Freshman and entire team. A lot is being made of Julio Jones and especially Mark Ingram... and I agree, very impressive. But did anyone see Terrance Cody??? He may be a Community College transfer, but my goodness... the man/child is a BEAST!!! If I had 400 pounds trying to take me down and I was on one of the teams we play in future games, I would just throw myself on the ground because you know he is taking at least you and the guy next to you down.. Oh, and maybe a few more! Seriously, new favorite player.

Aside from the big game, our holiday weekend was fairly uneventful. On Friday night Rocky and my Father-in-law came over to help move the extremely heavy piece of furniture up the stairs to Caroline's room. It was a bit scary, but they did get it upstairs. I'm sure that they were all sore the next day, but fortunately no one got hurt!=) So thanks again Mr. Carter and Rocky for using all of your muscles to make the baby's room complete! I really appreciate it!!! After getting the armoire upstairs and showing off some of Caroline's goodies we went out to dinner with Chris' parents at Ruby Tuesdays. I had the yummy salad bar, but I paid for it later in the night when my heartburn and indigestion went into full force! No fun! I got very little sleep, but I just keep telling myself 2 more months and I can eat salad and tomatoes again... just 2 months;-)

We spent all day Saturday watching different football games in the Bama Room. It was really nice and a great lead up to the Big Game!!! Have I mentioned that I love Football Season??=) Sunday we watched more football and spent some quality time together. Since we burnt very little energy we both had the hardest time getting to sleep on Sunday night so we slept in on Labor Day! We did have BBQ to celebrate, but that was as far as our Labor Day celebrations went. We rested, which is exactly what a 7 month pregnant woman wants to do!!!

I hope that you all had a wonderful close to the Summer and are looking forward to the Fall (and Football Season) as much as we are!!!=)

No comments: