Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Preparing for Parenthood- Week 2

Last night we had our second Preparing for Parenthood Class. Chris does not look forward to these classes, but I don't suppose any man would! Last night we discussed pain management and Chris found the epidural to be a real shocker. He just kept telling me over and over that he felt so sorry for me. I would feel more sorry for myself if I wasn't getting the epidural!! ha! I really am ok with everything and knew what I was getting myself into when we decided to have a little one. This is just all new territory for my hubby!

Our instructor also gave us some tips on how to get Caroline to flip down! There are some great websites that she told us about that I will be using for information. Chris and I have been giving her pep talks daily trying to get her to change her position. For now she's being stubborn, but I am hopeful that she will listen eventually!=)

Next week we talk about C-Sections and take a tour of the birthing suites at our hospital. Lets just hope that Chris makes it through the video!!

2 comments:

The 6 W's said...

This may sound silly but Lily was upside down and one night, while I was lying in bed, Hanz took a flashlight (while she was pretty active)and started moving it toward the bottom of my belly. She quit moving (I'm not sure if it scared her or if she was like, "What the heck??") but at my next doctor's visit, she had flipped! : ) We were going to try the headphones, moxy procedure next if these didn't work. FYI. : )

Haley said...

The epidural isn't bad at all, so don't worry about that. The only thing that hurts is the numbing medication they put in right before, and it feels like a bee sting.

Also, don't be disappointed if she doesn't flip. That just means a scheduled birth (c-section), no labor pains, contractions, episiotomies (yuck!), etc! You can take a shower, roll your hair, put your makeup on, show up at the hospital and have a baby in your arms 2-3 hours later! Mine was incredible. The after-pains are the hardest part, but somehow newborn baby girls make soreness seem worth it. :)