Thursday, September 18, 2008

Preparing for Parenthood- Week 3

On Tuesday night we went to our third "Parenthood" class and this was the one that Chris was dreading the most, C-Sections among other things. He did really well and actually was the only Daddy-to-be asking questions! He still isn't sure how he feels about being in the operating room if it comes to that. This is fine with me since my mom(the nurse) will go in with me if he decides he cannot. Then he can come in after they stitch me up and be with me and the baby in recovery. They showed c-section preparation and then an animated video of what takes place during a c-section. We also toured the "birthing suites" at our hospital. Since some good friends of ours had their daughter at the same hospital a few years ago we remembered that they were very nice. It was nice to walk around and see where we will check in.

Tonight I had our breastfeeding class which I let Chris skip. He really didn't want to go(wonder why?!?;-)) and he had 4-5 deals closing down at work today and needed to make sure they got out. It all worked out fine and I learned a lot! At the teachers recommendation I also changed my opinion on allowing visitors immediately and look forward to some alone time with just my little bitty family after Baby C is born- just for a few hours after recovery.

I was talking to my mother tonight on the way home from my class and I really like some of the great perks to having a c-section. We all know that I'm a planner, so I think it's great that I will be able to get up, shower, get ready and then have my baby safely in my arms a few hours later verses begin completely surprised with when I go into labor. This makes me happy! I also like that I can control visitors more and that it won't be a shock to anyone else when we call and tell them that Caroline is here- this could prove to be stressful since I hate excluding people and will need to focus on what's best for myself, Chris and most of all our newborn.=)

Little Miss C is still breech but I am just going to let whatever is meant to happen, happen! No more worrying about it- this is pointless. I am just going to put it in God's hands and He knows what is best for our specific situation! I go to the Dr on Tuesday... I'll keep you posted!=)

Next week is our final week of preparing for parenthood. We will talk about caring for a newborn and Chris will learn how to change a diaper! Not that he probably wants to(ha!), but I'm sure Daddy will do his part too!=) He really is getting very excited about everything and I couldn't imagine going through this exciting time in my life with anyone but him.(cheesy- I know!)

No comments: