Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My final Alabama game for the Season

On Saturday I went to my final Alabama home game for the season. I had originally planned to try to make it to the Kentucky game the first weekend in October, but after this weekend- I am DONE!! I really enjoy the games but I have such a hard time getting comfortable in the stadium seats that it really is better for me just to stay in my cozy, air-conditioned Alabama Room and take in the games from there. I will pull out my shaker, call up a friend or two, and be just as happy sitting in our "row of recliners" with my feet propped up!=)

The primary reason that games are finished for me is that both walking to and from the stadium I had more than my allotted 4 contractions in an hour. (When I say contractions, I'm referring to braxton hicks- mini contractions. My stomach balls up for a minute or so and feels slightly uncomfortable, but it's not really painful... just noticeable! So DO NOT worry!!!) I didn't tell my Parents-in-law, who are our gameday partners in crime, about it because I didn't want them to worry about taking me to DCH(rough!) but I did tell Chris. For some reason this kid does not like for me to exercise! Chris gets excited on the way to the stadium and we almost always practically run(walk) there, which just wasn't cutting it for me or my abnormally swollen feet! I told Chris to slow down, and for the most part he listened. The good news is that they went away both times as soon as I sat down, propped my feet up, and had some water! Since I rarely have BH contractions, and rarely get my heart rate up to be honest, I think Caroline must just not know what is going on and lets me know about it!;-) I'm also sure that being out in the sun all day tailgating may have something to do with dehydration which can also bring on BH. I am really going to miss our normal football season, complete with tailgating by Burke, but seeing as how things will never be "normal" again after November it is a small price to pay!=)

I do regret that Chris and I didn't get any pictures together this year at Bryant-Denny! Poor planning on my part! I forgot my camera both games- but did manage to bring my tums and shakers! This year we will just have to settle for a couple shot from one of our little Gameday Party's and we do have some great games away this year! Anyways, enough about this=) ROLL TIDE!!!

The game itself was great!!! The boys looked much more confident out on the field and Terrance Cody(my new favorite player- aka BIG BOY!!) caused and recovered a fumble. Then he proceeded to do a happy dance on his way off the field and I couldn't stop laughing for several minutes! Yay for him! Highlight of the game for me! You could tell that the entire team had more energy this game and I was glad to see it after last week! Lets just hope Bama carries that enthusiasm on to play Arkansas this weekend!!

I hope everyone has a good week!!

No comments: