Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Preparing for Parenthood

Last night Chris and I had our first "preparing for parenthood" class at St. Vincents. We will continue to go to these classes every Tuesday night throughout September. Chris was a bit nervous about what he was going to see and hear and wanted me to give him the heads up about what we might go over. It really wasn't as bad as he thought it was going to be... maybe!

I seriously doubt that you all want a play by play of the class and I am not offering one!=) But I will say that we discussed late pregnancy issues, when to get medical attention, and natural childbirth(I'm going with the epidural all the way- as were all of the women in our class). We left feeling a bit more prepared, Chris was in a bit of a daze, but we are looking forward to next week... when we discuss pain management options among other things.

Out of 13 couples, I was the only woman already having Braxton Hicks Contractions and I have been for the past month or two. She reminded me, and everyone else, that if I have more than 4 in an hour to call the Dr. and they will tell me to go to labor and delivery to check me. I have had 3 in 15 minutes before but never 4 in an hour, thank goodness. We'll see how I do at the Alabama game this weekend;-) It's a later game and I am feeling pretty good about it!

No comments: