Monday, August 4, 2008

Marriage Survey


A quick little survey that I filled out. I thought some of you might be interested to know a bit more about us and how we do things around the Carter Home. Enjoy!!!

1.What is your spouse’s name?

Chris

2.How long have you been married?

2 years

3.How long were you together before you got married?

a little over a year

4.Where did you get married?

First Methodist Trussville

5.Where did you propose or were you proposed to?
It was the sweetest thing! So us!!! We had just gotten home from a weekend trip to Memphis and Chris said he just "had" to run an errand that he had not mentioned on our way into town. I told him that was fine, that I was going to take a nap and asked him to pick up dinner on his way back home. When Chris finally arrived back at our house, he INHALED his dinner.. I should have known something was up;-) I even asked him if he was ok, since he was acting a bit out of the ordinary! We were still sitting at our breakfast table when he said he had a surprise for me. He went to our laundry room and brought back a wrapped box. I opened it up and it was a small gold jewelery/music box that was an egg on pedestal feet. He told me to listen to the song that the music box played... it was "the wedding march"... he was standing behind me, so I quickly turned around to look at him and he was already down on one knee. He had a huge smile on his face and said, "I thought you could put THIS in it." I saw the ring and he grabbed my hands and started a speech about why he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me. I was absolutely stunned and just sat there half- laughing, half- crying(happy tears, of course!) , and desperately trying to say "YES". Since I couldn't speak, I just jumped up and gave him a hug and continued nodding. Chris did eventually get his "yes", when I calmed down a bit and realized that I had never gotten one out! My ring had actually just come in from the jeweler and his errand was picking my ring up. He was just so excited, he couldn't wait to ask me when he got home... All in all, it was one of the most precious moments of my life.
6.Have you ever been married before your current marriage?

No

7.Who "wears the pants" in the house?

We both do!=)

8.Who is the "bread-winner"?

Chris, but we both do our part!

9.Do you have any children?

We have one sweet wiggle worm hanging out in my belly... I count her!

10.Do you have any Pets?

Chris has 2 cats... they just live with me;-) I don't love that the cats hair gets all over EVERYTHING or that they use the restroom in the house. This is really starting to bother me more and more since the baby will be here in a few months. How on EARTH am I going to keep all of that cat hair out of my baby's mouth?! YUCK, right?! I'm working on this;-)

11.Do you own a home or rent a place?

Own

12.How many times a week do just the two of you go out?

All of the time! We have lunch together every day, mostly just the two of us but sometimes our work buddies join us. We go out to dinner maybe twice a week. I love "date nights"!!! *Sigh*... and soon we will be a party of 3!=)
13.Do you have separate checking accounts?

no... not since we started TJC... It's all for Team Carter!

14.What side of the bed do you sleep on?

Right, but Chris mostly sleeps in the center of the bed so I mix it up sometimes if he starts to migrate towards one side so I can BREATHE!!

15.Who does the laundry?

me!!! Unless I'm sick, and Chris will help out

16.Who cooks?

I do... unless Chris is feeling creative and wants to "create" dinner on a weekend night. He's a good cook and it's kinda fun when he does!
17.Who cleans?

I do... again, unless I'm sick and Chris will help=)

18.Do you share a vehicle or each have your own?

We each have our own.

19.Do you agree on movies?

Sometimes... however I tend to like Chick-flick girlie movies and Chris likes Blood and guts and scary stuff... we try to compromise=)

20.Do you argue with your spouse?

who doesn't?! We get over it fast, though!

21.Are you good at pampering?

I take care of Chris most of the time and I like it that way! He does too!

22.What is your favorite physical feature of your spouse?

eyes, smile.... I could go on and on!;-)

23.What is your wedding date?

May 27, 2006

24.Where was your honeymoon?

The Westin Rio Mar Resort in Puerto Rico... it was great!;-)

25.Would you marry him all over again?

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!! He's my favorite!=)

No comments: