Sunday, July 27, 2008

Busy week and weekend!

Some highlights of our busy week and weekend! I'm going with a bulleted format this once to make this quick and easy! I need to be better about taking pictures to share... maybe I'll work on that for everyone!

* On Thursday I went to Florence for a few days. Mom has been to Birmingham so many times in the past few months that I have been meaning to go visit mom and get some things done in Florence. Florence may be "going home" for me but it really is a lovely place to visit! It was great to spend a few days there and most importantly, it was Blake's 21st Birthday on Friday! Happy Birthday Bub!=) I remember the night he was born... how on Earth is he 21 already?? So much for me always calling him my "Baby Brother"! I was so glad that I got to be in town for his Birthday Dinner with the Fam. My Grandparents, Mom, Trey, Blake and myself all went to eat at Cajun's, which we had never been to before. Dinner was great, but I really just enjoyed hanging out with the family! Trey and I were sitting beside each other at dinner and I was really happy that he got the chance to feel the baby kick! She rarely kicks right when I want her too, naturally, so I was thrilled when she did!
* On Friday I checked another item off of my Baby "To-Do" List. I ordered the girlie-girl's furniture at this baby store in Florence. I had my heart set on this particular furniture but wanted to get the best deal possible on it, so I had called every retailer in the state and gotten a price quote. I was pleasantly surprised when "The Baby's Room" in Florence came back as the cheapest! Yay! How convenient! My family is going to drive it down for me when the furniture arrives and help us put it together. This will probably be a huge task, but I'm sure I will be ready for it to be up and ready. When I had originally asked how long it would take to get my furniture in they said we could expect it to arrive in 8-12 weeks, which would be cutting it close at this point! I was REALLY happy when they told me it should be in within the next 4-5 weeks! That should make arrival around the end of August which will be perfect since we should be able to have everything assembled before football season gets started. This will be a great help since our weekends virtually disappear into weekend trips to Tuscaloosa come September!
* Speaking of the Football Season... ROLL TIDE! I am getting so excited about this season. I cannot wait for the first game, Clemson, which I expect to be a tough game. It is an away game(in Atlanta, actually), so we will be watching it from the comfort of our "Alabama Room/ Man Lair"(yes, we are those people!). Hopefully we can have a few friends and some family over and start the season off right!=) A local sports radio station that we almost always listen to (Jox) has a count down to the season opener and the closer we get to game day, the more excited I get!
* I drove back from Florence after some fun baby shopping on Saturday morning. Chris and I had plans to go visit with his family on Saturday night. They had a family get together for Chris' Brother and Mother's Birthdays, which are just a few days apart. We hung out, played catch up and had ice cream cake to celebrate! It was fun!
* Everyone was in town for the "Williamson/Allen/Carter Family" reunion on Sunday at Smith Lake. On Sunday Morning Chris and I packed up and made the trip up to the lake. It was really nice to get to visit with some of the extended family and for me to meet some of the family members that I had not yet met! We had a great time with great food! I carried my camera in to take pictures, but of course I never got around to it=( Better luck next time, huh!?
* After 4 days of running non-stop I was ready for a break!=) It's a shame the weekend was gone, but it was well spent! We had a great weekend and look forward to a slightly more restful weekend over this next weekend- "Date Night" included! Am I the only one that hasn't seen Batman yet???;-) I heard it's great!
* Oh, and a Belly shot is on the way! Sorry I am a bit behind!!!=)

No comments: