Sunday, July 13, 2008

What's been going on??

Honestly, preparing for our little girl's arrival is without question the most exciting thing going on in our lives and I am completely consumed by it. I had put off deciding on what car seat, stroller, crib etc. to get for our baby until after our Jamaican Vacation so the day after we got home, I got down to business!

I had looked around a bit for nursery furniture before we left and found some that I absolutely loved. It will take 8-12 weeks for it to arrive in Alabama, so I knew I would need to order it as soon as possible. It is white and girly and is a "built-to-grow" crib, which means it will convert to a toddler bed, when we are ready for that, and then a full size bed ,when that time comes. I love this feature because we can get the matching dresser/changing table and armoire and she can use it throughout her childhood. I've always hated the idea of buying nursery furniture only to find that you have to buy all new stuff once your little one outgrows it. Once we are done having babies we would just have to throw it away... how sad!! I am really excited about it all and cannot wait to get our little girl's room in order. It took us long enough to finally get this sweet little miracle and I am going to enjoy every aspect possible of her joining our life!

As you can see, I am still calling our daughter our "little girl" vs. her name. The reason for this is Chris has a difficult time making major decisions sometimes and is procrastinating in the naming of our baby. Seriously, it's driving me nuts!!!;-) All monogramming has been put on hold, ha! To me, she is the name that we had originally picked for her and I cannot seem to come up with anything else that I prefer or would even seriously consider. So it is looking more and more like she will be named what Mommy wants. Daddy will learn to love it, hopefully. (I love you honey!!!=))

Which leads to something else that we have been up to lately: The killer "honey-do" list that I made for Chris the day after we got home from Jamaica. There are a few things that I would like to do around the house and I know that Chris' job is stressful enough and spreading my list out over a few months will be much easier on him. To me these are minor things, but Chris is a bit freaked out by how focused I have become on getting everything just as I want it. Ok, maybe it's borderline obsessive, but what can I say?! I just want everything in the best condition possible before our little one arrives!! I also know that once she gets here, we will have other very important obligations and interests and will want to let the little things go "until next weekend". We have a little less than 4 months before her arrival and I hate procrastination!! I would prefer everything done now so I don't have to worry about it anymore. So if you see Chris, remind him that most women go through this and he is not alone!;-)

This weekend my mother came for a visit, which is always nice! We went and did a bit of baby shopping and did girl things. Mom also brought several surprises for us too! Mom really outdid herself! Lets just say that our baby is going to be one lucky little girl and Chris and I greatly appreciate the gifts since we are starting from scratch! Mom is just as excited about becoming a grandmother as we are about becoming parents. So, Thanks Mom... For EVERYTHING!! Come back soon!=)

No comments: