Wednesday, May 21, 2008

MIA...

Well it's been over a month since my last post, but I have been busy. Mostly just sick, but being sick can really keep you busy! Around my last post I realized that I had lost far too much weight, was unable to eat or drink really anything and had begun to get depressed about my ability to meet the baby's needs and the long term effects that this could have on the baby. I had a mini-breakdown(pregnancy hormones!!) late one night and told Chris to call my Mom on his way to work the next morning and tell her I "needed her now". =)

Chris and I have very little help in the Birmingham area(other than my friends who work full-time) and since most of our family lives 2 hours away, I decided it would be best if I just went home to Florence with my Mother, Dad and Brothers. After my mother spoke to Chris and got my "desperation call" she took off work and was in Birmingham by the afternoon. The next two weeks are kind of a blur, so are the entire months of March and April for that matter=), but I know that I spent it in Florence with my sweet family taking really good care of me! Thanks a bunch Everyone!!! Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers and hope that our sweet little baby hasn't suffered any long term effects as a result of my sickness!

One really exciting thing did come out of my Florence trip- Baby made it's first recorded appearance. We went and had an ultrasound and wow, did that make me feel better! Everything looked perfectly normal with the baby and it was busy as a bee! I was amazed by how much our little angel was moving around!!! It was kicking it's legs and waving it's arms like it knew we were watching- PRECIOUS!! Our favorite moment is when our little bean tried to "stand up" and just stretched waaaayy out. It was like it was saying "get me out of here!!!" Hopefully the baby isn't planning any escape routes and it will settle down some before each kick and elbow jab hurts mommy!! ;-)

We have a tape of the ultrasound to share and we plan to make copies to DVD and send them out to those of you that we've promised them to. We haven't forgotten about you, we just wanted to get THIS weeks ultrasound on the tape also. That's right, this weeks ultrasound. Chris and I are headed to Florence tomorrow night for an early Friday morning appointment with our friend Beki, the ultrasound tech. Mom is going with us and we're really excited to share with everyone what we are having!=)

I can't wait to know if we are having a little Mister Carter or a little Miss Carter! People say that you usually have "mom's intuition" and have a pretty good idea of what you are going to have. I can honestly say I am CLUELESS!! I have bounced around throughout my pregnancy- one week thinking it's a boy, the next I think it's a girl! I think I have no idea because I really don't care one way or the other. I just wanted a healthy baby, that was what I was praying for! Not a boy necessarily or a girl, just a baby. Well that wish has been granted so I'm fine with whatever our first born is!=)

I have several small updates that I hope to make over the next few days so check back if you're interested... and of course I will have a HUGE update this weekend once we find out what Baby Carter is!=) I hope everyone is doing well!!!

No comments: