Friday, October 8, 2010

First Day of School


Caroline had her first day of Mother's Day Out or "school", as we call it on Sept 9. She had a good first day, but did suffer from a bit of separation anxiety. This is not uncommon for little ones and I'm glad that we are starting her 2 days a week now. She is so attached to me that I know it would just become more and more difficult for her to allow others to keep her. The first day of school was also the first time that someone other than family had kept Caroline in her entire 22 months. I was thrilled when we arrived to realize I had met Caroline's teachers before! I met the two of them when they brought their children to Caroline's Gym.boree class to visit. What luck!!!
Almost a month in, Caroline LOVES the activities that they do during the day, even if she does still occasionally get a bit weepy when Daddy drops her off in the mornings. They do art projects, sing, read, and Caroline's personal favorite- play outside!! She is a "'side!!!" girl! Her teacher told me that of all the children my little princess seems to love outdoor time the most. Makes a Mommy proud;-)
Caroline goes on "fall break" on Monday so we are making a quick jaunt to Florence to get some "hometown playtime" in;-)

No comments: