Saturday, October 9, 2010

10 Year High School Reunion

The weekend of the Arkansas game we went to Chris' 10 year High School Reunion in Collierville, TN, a suburb of Memphis, while Caroline went to play with Nana in Florence. It was great to go back to his "hometown" and re-visit the place where we spent 6 months of our early married life. Still glad we moved back;-)

On Friday night we went to the obligatory High School Football Game. Chris played in high school so it was nice to get a history lesson in his life, pre-college. Football was a huge part of those crazy high school years for him, so it was great meeting teammates and coaches from his glory days. I actually wore his high school jersey, since he asked me to; ), and was proud to sport the number for Mr. 57... wish I had taken a picture!!!

On Saturday we went to a nice picnic to meet the families of some of his classmates.

Picture from the cocktail party his class had at an awesome loft apartment downtown. Great location, great time!

Ok... this is totally random, but all of the Chris-football talk reminds me of a funny moment about 2 years ago. I'm pretty sure I've never written this here.. I'm sure the family will get a kick out of it!

When I had Caroline a few years ago and we were at the hospital all of the nurses had spread around that Chris was a former Alabama Football player. They were even debating the years that they remembered him playing. My honey just looks like a big ole lineman doesn't he?? haha! Actually, Chris still talks about the fact that he still has 4 years of eligibility left! ;-)

He is so going to kill me for putting this here!! Love ya, honey : )

No comments: