Monday, January 28, 2008

Christmas in Florence!!!

On December 22, Chris and I packed up and left our Trussville home for Christmas with my Family in Florence. We had a wonderful time! We stayed with my parents at their new house and spent some time with my brothers while we were in town. Unfortunately, time flies when you're having fun and I forgot to get pictures of my family Christmas, but it was special all the same! We had our "Christmas" together on the 23rd where we exchanged presents since our Christmas Eve was already booked out. Mom had some more wrapping to do before we could get started, so the "York Siblings" + Chris decided to take a ride over to the Wright's Christmas Lights in Spring Valley. If you live in the Florence area and have never been, shame on you!!!;-) If you have children, I'm sure they would find it magical and even as an adult I loved it! I have always loved the Chrimmah!!;-) hehe!

After the lights we opened presents with my family and spent some time together laughing and having a good time! On Christmas Eve my mother's family always gets together and we have our big celebration. It's always so much fun and I love getting together with everyone, some of which I don't get to see very often, to visit and catch up on what is going on in every ones busy lives! This year my Aunt Linda McAdams hosted and of course the food was YUMMY! Chris laughs at my family because we always make such a big deal about the food.(He's a guy, he just doesn't understand;-)) Really, it's not about the food, it's about the fellowship you have while enjoying the food that really makes it so special!! Plus, if you grew up with a Grandmother that could cook the way that MY Grandmother can, you would totally understand why EVERYONE wants to get together! Some of my best memories include "Grandmother food and Family"... can't beat it!=)

We cut our visit with my family a bit short so that we could go do Christmas with Chris' Family in Georgia... but first we had to make a pit stop in Trussville, to get more Christmas presents and repack. We had a LONG night ahead of us...

No comments: